-

As artists we are always developing. I started this site some years ago to monitor my progress at art classes. Some areas have improved faster than others and I expect this to continue to be an interesting journey. Constructive comments are always welcome. Steve.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

"Natural Forms"


"Natural Forms"
Size A2 This an exercise to use pencil, ink and charcoal.
The objects should show some natural textures.
Hopefully you can see seaweed, a shell, an onion, some potatoes, a dried Honesty plant stem lying down and some dried wheat and allium heads in the vase. Behind the vase is a wood log and on the window ledge a cyclamen plant sits beside a copper kettle.

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

Ahh, of course you have a kettle on the stove and how neat to have a copper one, how in the world do you keep it clean.

I love your nature stuff, awesome. I have much to learn.

Thanks so much for the nice reply in the Artist's Den group. I do not take it as criticism at all, I encourage anything to improve.

Steve E of Benderloch said...

Thanks Scarlett, and good luck. Have fun with your art. Steve.