-

As artists we are always developing. I started this site some years ago to monitor my progress at art classes. Some areas have improved faster than others and I expect this to continue to be an interesting journey. Constructive comments are always welcome. Steve.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Thanks

Many thanks to everyone (especially Coral) who has sent comments on my art either via this site or directly. All your comments are helping me to develop my fledgeling artistic aspirations.


This is a pastel study of Buchaille Etive (near Glencoe) which I'm currently working on.

Please continue to let me know what you think!
Steve.

2 comments:

CoralPoetry said...

Hi, Steve,

This painting is looking really fine, especially the mountain. Scotland looks really lovely, but cold and windy in winter. I am a weak southerner. For the first time in four years we've had snow that lasted for a couple of days. That seems to be the limit of our wintery-ness. Last autumn we had a hailstorm of giant hailstones that broke windows and shredded the leaves from the trees.

Regards,
Coral

Steve E of Benderloch said...

Hi Coral,
The "work in progress" on the easel is a pastel of a mountain called Bhuchaille Etive Mhor(sort of pronounced Buckle Etiv more) up at the junction of glen Etive & glen Coe near here. We were up there yesterday to get some pix as there has been some late snow and the hills were impressive. I'll post the pix on the Benderloch blog soon.

In spite of impressions we actually get very little snow here as we're on the coast and the sea is warmed by the Gulf Stream. So we see plenty of snow on the hills but aren't too inconvenienced by it! Steve.